Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Flu symptoms and baby

(4 Posts)
babyconverse Mon 15-Feb-16 14:09:22

I had a fever in the night and vomiting. I'm struggling to move or eat and I ache all over. I did have the flu jab.

I have a 4 month old that I am the primary caregiver for. How dangerous is it likely to be if I give whatever I have to him? I'm assuming I shouldn't go to the docs as they wont be able to do anything and I'd just be spreading germs.

What should I be doing and anything I need to do to protect my child? He seems ok so far

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 15-Feb-16 17:46:04

Sorry to hear you are unwell. If you are bfing your baby will get your antibodies through your milk so no need to worry smile

LittleBearPad Mon 15-Feb-16 18:18:42

Wash your hands (a lot) try not to sneeze on him. Don't worry too much. Babies are generally pretty resilient.

babyconverse Mon 15-Feb-16 20:16:51

Thanks guys. I'm in bed trying to get some rest -hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. He seems fine at the moment so fingers crossed he doesn't get it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now