Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sudden unexplained weight loss. Should I worry?

(6 Posts)
Interrobanger Thu 03-Dec-15 21:47:00

A close male family member has lost almost 10kg in the past couple of months with no explanation.

Definitely not ED related. He's fit and active and in his early forties. No other symptoms but he's just dropping weight.

Had bloods done and waiting for results. I'm really scared and fearing the worst but else could be causing it?

lljkk Sun 06-Dec-15 09:36:21

He feels absolutely fine, no other cause for concern except weight falling off?

Interrobanger Sun 06-Dec-15 12:26:09

No, nothing else. It's worrying and weird.

JumpandScore Sun 06-Dec-15 12:36:09

I know of two men who've had unexplained weightloss whilst "feeling well" recently. Turns out both of them weren't feeling well at all but didn't/wouldn't say. Sadly both are serioysly I'll, but at least your relative has sought help. He does need to tell Dr all his symptoms though, one of my friends had a very late diagnosis because he insisted on telling everyone, Inc Dr, he felt well

tribpot Sun 06-Dec-15 12:37:57

So there are other possible explanations that aren't cancer, although a lot of them aren't much fun either. Hopefully he will get some info from the blood test. Fingers crossed for you.

Aquamarine70 Sun 06-Dec-15 13:43:15

It could be his thyroid as that affects the metabolism.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now