Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome

(5 Posts)
Cocolepew Sun 12-Jul-15 12:35:36

Has anyone any experience of this ?

Lariflete Mon 13-Jul-15 11:04:13

Yes, I've had it in both feet. Have you got it?

Cocolepew Mon 13-Jul-15 12:02:48

I'm not sure, but my symptons fit.mI'm in agony some days. How was yours diagnosed? I have a gp appointment next week.

Lariflete Mon 13-Jul-15 14:10:06

It took ages to diagnose but I think purely because some of the doctors told me it was all in my head!
I had a lump in my foot that kept growing, kept getting pins and needles and kept 'stumbling'. I couldn't stand for long periods of time as the pressure on my feet was unbearable.
One doctor ended up mentioning it as a possibility. I was referred for a scan and then had an operation on one foot a few months later and the other foot a year later.
It's made a massive difference. I can walk without pain now and can even stand for an hour or so without getting shooting pains!
You're probably in a better position than me to start with as you can have them rule it out immediately.
Just ask if you have any more questions. Good Luck

Cocolepew Mon 13-Jul-15 15:01:03

Thanks smile my gp is very quick to refer her patients on to whoever so hopefully I'll get sonewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now