Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help, I'm drowning in my own saliva

(8 Posts)
Handsup Fri 10-Jul-15 08:39:17

The past 3 days I've been producing an obscene amount of saliva where I'm having to constanly spit it out (producing more then I can swallow). In the night I'm choking and literally feel like I'm going to drown in the stuff. Any ideas what's going on? I'm actually feeling desperate here. It's definitely not mucus or post nasal.

Allgunsblazing Fri 10-Jul-15 08:46:09

Make a GP appointment today.
Have you got reflux?

Handsup Fri 10-Jul-15 09:59:47

I have but reflux feels completely under control (first time in years) it just doesn't feel reflux related but more like water being created in the mouth under the tongue (not salty). With reflux my throat feels a bit burnt and salty.
I had a google & I definitely don't have rabies grin

girlandboy Fri 10-Jul-15 10:00:16

GP visit necessary.
Are you on any medication? Some meds can cause hypersalivation.
But yes, go to see the doctor.

Handsup Fri 10-Jul-15 10:01:40

Plan to call GP this afternoon but don't expect an appointment till next week.

Handsup Fri 10-Jul-15 10:12:05

Same medication I've been on for years. Nothing new.

gingeroots Mon 13-Jul-15 20:48:56

Hi - did you get an appointment Handsup ? Hope you're ok .

jenster1976 Mon 13-Jul-15 20:53:50

I get this occasionally, a couple of times a year - I've noticed it's particularly when I'm run down or about to get a really stinking cold. It's awful so you completely have my sympathies, but doesn't tend to last in me for more than 3 days, so hopefully it will pass?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now