Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

The feeling of needing a wee all the time

(10 Posts)
Katiecussens1 Sun 21-Jun-15 22:39:46

Hi

I have been getting the need to keep going to the toilet even though my bladder is empty I have been getting frequent bladder infections and been given antibiotics time after time which makes me feel like it isn't a bladder infection. My last bladder infection was about a week ago now and was treated with antibiotics but now I'm getting the urge to wee again there's no pain.
Any ideas of what it could be?
I do have unprotected sex with my partner who I have been with for 2 years now.
Any ideas?
Thanks

littlecupcake Sun 21-Jun-15 23:07:44

No ideas, sorry, but have you got a local continence advice service? I had similar issues and saw the confidence nurse. She was able to measure the capacity of my bladder, checked it was emptying properly and could tell how well my pelvic floor muscles were working. We concluded much of the problem was mind over matter, but it was good to rule out any underlying physical cause.

textfan Sun 21-Jun-15 23:40:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

griselda101 Sun 21-Jun-15 23:41:57

cystitis? sorry if that sounds too obvious, just in case you haven't considered it.

DragonsCanHop Sun 21-Jun-15 23:43:31

Cystitis (sp) it is horrible, cranberry juice is meant to ease it as well as lots of water, so my nana told me

AlpacaMyBags Sun 21-Jun-15 23:51:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Katiecussens1 Mon 22-Jun-15 08:33:49

Sorry Yes he has been treated too.

scarfaceace Mon 22-Jun-15 08:57:57

It could be an overactive bladder.

This website might help:

www.bladdermatters.co.uk/

nmg85 Mon 22-Jun-15 10:24:18

Ask to be referred to a urologist it could be a stubborn infection but then it could be an overactive bladder or Interstitial Cystitis etc. If it isn't an infection you don't want to keep taking antibiotics.

Katiecussens1 Mon 22-Jun-15 13:11:24

Okay thanks for the help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now