Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

constant period like pain….feeling miserable :(

(6 Posts)
StillBreathing Wed 17-Jun-15 19:44:46

For the past few months i have been suffering with what feels like a constant dull period pain. Over the past month my period came 2 weeks early (which has never happened before) and the pain has stayed and got worse. the past week or so it has been crippling and put me in tears. Sorry for tmi but iv had trouble going to the toilet with hard poo blush every so often for a couple of months. I went to the Dr's and was told its probably pain from constipation hmm and given a laxative and told to come back in a few weeks if no improvement. Im feeling so fed up, not sure if it is constipation as the constipation is not constant. Has anyone experienced this? i feel like a pain going back but don't really feel like i was taken seriously sad

thanks in advance

ChantenayCarrot Wed 17-Jun-15 19:49:50

I was going to say constipation to be honest although when I had fibroids, I had a constant period type pain combined with changes to my otherwise normal periods.

I kept a diary (on my mobile) of the pains and symptoms in the end. If you know it's not constipation then I would go bk to the GP.

Hope you feel better soon

JenniMoo Wed 17-Jun-15 19:51:02

My guess is a water infection of some kind. I was convinced the pain I had was really bad period pain but turned out to be an infection.
See the Dr tomorrow and they'll test a sample.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 17-Jun-15 19:51:15

Urine infection?

JenniMoo Wed 17-Jun-15 19:51:24

And constipation makes a UTI more likely IIRC

JenniMoo Thu 18-Jun-15 13:14:28

How are you today? Have you seen a Dr yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now