Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is this? ***TMI***

(4 Posts)
Dhdkshhdj Mon 08-Jun-15 09:40:49

Name changed for obvious reasons.
Last night when having a bath I found a smooth hard lump just inside my bottom.
It wasn't there the day before.
It's quite itchy/burny feeling.
I have been losing weight recently and have been a bit constipated his last week.
Dh thinks it's a pile (he hasn't seen it though), but I thought piles were nobbly feeling?
Do I need to go to the dr? How do I make it go away?

vvega Mon 08-Jun-15 13:22:41

If I were you I'd presume it was a pile, get some anusol or similar from the chemists and see if it helps. Don't think piles are nobbly, just lumps of tissue varying in size.

Lots of fluids and fruit/high fibre - constipation will be aggravating it.

If losing weight without any dieting I'd make an appointment at GP's anyway, but in meantime try some over the counter haemorrhoid stuff from chemists.

Lariflete Mon 08-Jun-15 20:19:59

Have you been trying to lose weight? If not, straight to the dr's, if you have try anusol or the like and see if that helps.

I used to have them and they were just round, hard lumps bloody DS! but they were itchy and felt like they were burning occasionally, normally after going to the toilet. Also, if you are constipated and pushing when trying to go, that can make it worse.

Hope you get sorted.

Dhdkshhdj Mon 08-Jun-15 22:27:55

Thank you!
The weight loss is deliberate (and very slow).
Lair fleet, you've described it perfectly.
I've ordered some cream. I was shopping today and dithered around but couldn't pluck up the courage to buy it where I might bump into someone I know blush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now