Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Random list of symptoms - Nothing terminal they say - - anyone else?

(11 Posts)
moggiesmum Sun 07-Jun-15 13:31:03

So I have had various small things going on for -2 -3 years - like muscle aches first in arms making them seem weak ( lasted a few months) and now in my legs - thighs especially , shooting needle pains in legs and feet sometimes, odd depressive days where everything is negative , waking up after 3 hours sleep at night , IBS quite badly,
tiredness and wanting to sleep sometimes in the day, 2 or 3 small red lumpy spots on my neck each time these symptoms start -which is about every 6 - 8 weeks , and recently hip pain so bad on one side it really hurt to walk.Although I have had this before it lasted a day and then was gone! - still tender across to my lower back though. I often have pain or stiffness in my lower back. These may not be related at all but I have thought hard about what happens each time I get a 'spell 'of this - and these are all there.
3-4 years ago I had a bad fall on some stone steps and landed on my lower back. It was excrutiatingly painful for a long time and when I eventually had a scan I was told I had the back typical of a woman my age - wear and tear here and there. Nothing more. I have had blood tests -
My blood test shows a slightly raised CPK level (?) ( to do with muscles I am told)
I have seen Rheumatology consultants who all say nothing wrong with me - at least nothing terminal or seriously wrong with me. smile - - come back if it gets worse.
BUT it doesn't get worse - just stays like I have described and I know it is a random list but has anyone else experienced anything like this? Wierd I know - - - - -

Aussiemum78 Sun 07-Jun-15 13:34:40

What's the spots on your neck?

Thyroid problems can cause you to feel cold, feel depressed etc.

Some kind of allergy? Any foods/cosmetics that you use infrequently?

moggiesmum Sun 07-Jun-15 14:21:22

The spots are just lumps - not infected spots - and go after 3 - 4 days. Different place each time -- just look the same . Odd I know ! -

I think they checked my blood for Thyroid problems.
Allergy? - - that could be - - I suppose I should list down what I eat each day and see if there is any connection for the next time it happens. Thanks ! smile

Clarella Sun 07-Jun-15 22:06:02

I assume they checked vit d? You could take a stronger supplement to be sure.

Could it be hypermobility syndrome?

MadauntofA Sun 07-Jun-15 22:09:24

I had a few of these but put them down to thyroid probs which I had. Realised I am lactose intolerant and now feel great having stopped dairy. If you have bad Ibs then try writing everything down and see if there is a link.

Clarella Sun 07-Jun-15 22:09:30

Are you premenopausal? My hms issues are a lot worse with my cycle, and I can get while body pain that comes on suddenly for a day and just lift all of a sudden. I worked out its dropping hormones (possibly oestrogen but still tracking my cycle)

I assume they also checked iron? (Ferritin)

MadauntofA Sun 07-Jun-15 22:10:09

Low vit d can also make you feel crap so I would get that checked out.

BeatieBo Mon 08-Jun-15 02:02:11

I had pretty much the same symptoms. It turned out I had a vitamin D deficiency. Have you been tested for that?

moggiesmum Mon 08-Jun-15 09:11:50

No - - I havn't been tested for Vit D deficiency - - and thank you for all your suggestions -Will definitely check that out and see if it makes any difference.

Not premenopausal but agree hormones can play a big part but I am on HRT and have been since before this started -

Hypermobility syndrome ? - - will check that out too -

Thanks everyone for all your very helpful suggestions

Nibledbyducks Mon 08-Jun-15 14:56:03

Have you been tested for coeliac disease?

moggiesmum Mon 08-Jun-15 16:36:42

Yes nibledbyducks - it was negative -- thanks for the thought

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now