Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Monthly cycle after a baby

(3 Posts)
OriginalHugsy Wed 11-Feb-15 12:02:42

DD is now 15 months and periods returned a few months after I stopped bf at about 5/6 months. Periods are now so so much heavier but not really painful like they used to be although I do feel like im being drained and cramped if that makes sense. I thought they might change to be better and easier after a child or was that wishful thinking??wink

Frikadellen Wed 11-Feb-15 20:04:49

From what i have learnt from friends it is up and down how it goes. Some claim better others say worse after childbirth.

With me between 1 and 2 and 2 and 3 there was not a lot of change after the 4th though I have found my periods got lighter.

FairyPenguin Wed 11-Feb-15 20:06:27

Mine are also much heavier since having children. But they are also regular too, which is much better than before.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: