Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Any low FODMAP veggies? ibs flare up on veggie food

(4 Posts)
codandchipstwice Wed 11-Feb-15 09:21:14

I am trying to move to an exclusively veggie diet (don't eat much ) but so as not to eat too much cheese have been increasing my pulses and this has caused a really bad flare up.

I am happy to eat soy in moderation but obviously need to get protein from elsewhere.

So - anyone else and if so what do you eat?

AlmaMartyr Wed 11-Feb-15 16:27:48

DH eats fodmap free and I'm mostly veggie. Admittedly we eat a lot of cheese, paneer, halloumi etc but also Quorn. He finds he can't eat soy so our options are quite limited.

pinkfrocks Wed 11-Feb-15 20:21:23

I thought pulses of almost all kinds were off the FODMAP menu?

why are you avoiding cheese- has your dietitian suggested you go dairy free too?

codandchipstwice Wed 11-Feb-15 21:47:13

No, just don't want to balloon as I can easily eat 8iz in one sitting!

I googled and it turns out that chick peas and lentils that I can tolerate in moderation are much lower FODMAP than the ones I struggle with.

Am almost quite cross it works as I had hoped I could chalk it up to fad and just eat what I want but it's made a massive difference, I just am out of ideas!

Thanks for your replies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now