Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Odd late period, 40 yrs

(2 Posts)
NearTheEdge Mon 19-Jan-15 22:00:46

I stopped taking the pill last July as my husband had a vasectomy. After an initial 25 day cycle my cycle settled to 23 days which it has been until now...

My second to last period was the heaviest I ever had. And my last one was lighter but went on a good couple of days longer than normal. Now this one should have arrived 4 days ago.

This is the longest I've been off the pill since 16. And only off twice since to get pregnant which happened
within a 2-3 months both times. sinister? I feel normal/fine. Had my few days of snarling pmt which has definitely been new since stopping the pill.

NearTheEdge Mon 19-Jan-15 22:04:40

Stupid phone.

I meant to ask if anyone has any thoughts/opinions if this is due to stopping the pill, my age (thought 40 was quite young actually), or something more sinister.

I have also done a pregnancy testblush... If that had been positive it would have been a medical miracle between the snip AND lack of bedroom action in the past month grin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: