Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain in stomach and back at night? Please help me!

(8 Posts)
EllaJayne123 Mon 24-Nov-14 23:21:05

Hello lovely mnetters. I have had a pain in my stomach like a cramp in the middle just below my ribs for about a week now, I've also got really bad back ache.

It is mainly at night and I cannot sleep as it's too painful, if I get into the fetal position it's better. It's not constipation as am regular (tmi!) and have taken gaviscon and rennie with no relief

I had a c section 3 months ago if that could be any link?

My back is hurting so much and my stomach is so uncomfortable and with a 3mo baby I need all the sleep I can get!

Any suggestions oh wise ones?? flowers

PurpleWithRed Mon 24-Nov-14 23:29:39

See your GP if you've got a pain that won't go away.

NatJon Mon 24-Nov-14 23:33:18

Is it like a "gnawing" pain? I have gallstones and have pain where you describe. Though lying down make it 10 times worse for me. See your gp

EllaJayne123 Mon 24-Nov-14 23:39:45

It is a bit like gnawing actually, that doesn't sound good. I'll try to get an appointment with the gp - although you have to call by 8 and wait on hold and there's no appointments left by 8.15! Impossible, thank you flowers

Le1890 Tue 25-Nov-14 04:07:37

Hi sorry you are in such pain. I also had a pain like that a few years ago and it turned out to be gastritis. My gp said i was on the verge of an ulcer and gave me medication which sorted it out. Hope you get some answers x

MeltedMoments Tue 25-Nov-14 05:09:56

That sounds like the pain I had with gallstones. A hot water bottle used to help a bit but make sure you see your GP xx

EllaJayne123 Tue 25-Nov-14 13:59:33

Thank you, tried getting an appointment with gp but when I called (10 mins after they opened) there was only 1 appointment left for 15 mins later, might visit the out of hours later x

hugoagogo Tue 25-Nov-14 19:28:52

I suffered similarly after csection, due to all the painkillers I was given.

A couple of months of ranitidine and I recovered.

Best get it checked out for sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now