Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hashimoto's hypothyroidism & aching limbs?

(4 Posts)
TheFirstOfHerName Thu 13-Nov-14 21:19:10

I've had autoimmune hypothyroidism for twenty years. I take levothyroxine and have found a dose that suits me. It is on the cusp of over-replacement, but if I take any less then I feel so exhausted I cannot function.

When I try to relax in the evenings, I often get mild pain in my thigh and upper arm muscles. It's not debilitating, just annoying. Is this something I just have to put up with, or can anyone recommend a solution?

Thanks.

Haggisfish Thu 13-Nov-14 21:20:56

Lots of oeople recommend magnesium oil ( if you google you can find magnesium oil bath stuff), potassium (bananas) and making sure your vitamin d and b12 levels are high (blood test).

RubySparks Thu 13-Nov-14 21:54:18

Haggis has it covered! Only thing I would add is consider eating gluten free - I have coeliqc disease and hashimoto's and not sure if one triggered the other?

TheFirstOfHerName Fri 14-Nov-14 15:34:27

Thank you both, I will look into all of these.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now