Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any idea why I always have a bit of a temperature?

(7 Posts)
toohot Thu 20-Mar-14 09:14:20

I have a gp appointment tomorrow, but thought it would be helpful if I had some idea what might be wrong before I go, does anyone have any suggestions?

Not felt right for a couple of months, very tired, lethargic, bit nauseous, keep feeling hot, evenings are practically a write-off I feel so rough. Out of interest I have been tracking my temperature over the last few days and it is generally 38.4c and sometimes 39c.

I am vegetarian, so could be lacking something in my diet perhaps, mid thirties so not menopausal...on the mini pill so hopefully not pregnant, but don't have period's very often. Usually quite well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Technical Thu 20-Mar-14 09:26:32

I have no medical qualification but isn't a temperature and indicator of infection? Perhaps you have a mild infection somewhere. If so that will be easily verified by a blood test and treated with anti-biotics

toohot Thu 20-Mar-14 12:03:12

Thanks, I have an appt with the nurse straight afterwards, so hopefully she can do a blood test then.

helzapoppin2 Thu 20-Mar-14 16:52:15

Thyroid?

digerd Thu 20-Mar-14 20:36:07

A normal blood temperature is 37.1. Your raised temperature is a sign of a fever and must be lowered with appropriate medication.
Good luck tomorrow.

hiddenhome Thu 20-Mar-14 22:48:50

The body raises its temperature in order to kill infection.

lazydog Fri 21-Mar-14 05:44:58

My guess is a combination of two things. Something gradual causing you to feel rough for ages, like thyroid or anaemia, and likely an unrelated virus causing your raised temp for the "last few days"...

I'm only answering with that theory because you've described how I've been feeling for the last few months and I got round to having my bloods re-done and my anaemia has been deteriorating again (because I've been crap at taking my iron tablets) and coincidentally I've had a raised temperature of 38.5-39C for over a week, and just tonight, finally, have started with a sore throat and sneezing...

But that's me. You're doing the right thing to get checked out in case there's some lurking infection causing similar symptoms with a totally different source.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now