Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

24 Hour blood pressure monitor

(4 Posts)
wineoclocktimeyet Fri 14-Mar-14 19:56:59

Has anyone done this? I'm a little concerned about the nighttime hourly readings - doesn't it awake you up?
Thanks

shouldnthavesaid Fri 14-Mar-14 20:13:31

Have had one and I slept right through it, quite soundly as my blood pressure shot right down overnight. It was a bit awkward at first but I put on a loose top and placed the box on my pillow, and slept no problem at all smile

It was quite funny/interesting seeing the results as I saw the levels slowly rising as I got closer to waking up - I thought it would remain low until I was actually out of bed, but from 5am onwards it was steadily increasing.

Hope the test and results go well smile

wineoclocktimeyet Fri 14-Mar-14 20:19:34

Thank you

FiaGrace Fri 14-Mar-14 21:06:20

I had it done last weekend and hated every single minute of it. I couldn't shower over that period (I honestly thought I'd be able to remove the cuff for 10 mins between readings in order to shower), if I moved whilst it was taking a reading then it recorded it as an error, it did keep me awake during the night and whilst I appreciate the importance of having it done, it really p*ssed me off.

To be fair, I just hadn't thought it through and didn't realize it would be as restrictive as it was.

Luckily my bp appears to be fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now