Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Hol in ear drum

(4 Posts)
fairydust Tue 10-Feb-04 13:45:34

DD is poorly again spent the night at the hospital - as she had blood comming out her ear -

She has a whole in her ear drum and a nasty infection.

When is mother nature gonna give us a break.

lou33 Tue 10-Feb-04 13:55:33

Aw FD, poor little mite. I hope she recovers from all this really soon.

Marina Tue 10-Feb-04 14:13:04

Fairydust, really sorry to hear about your dd. If it helps at all mine had a perforated eardrum a week ago, without any warning (other than a heavy cold which had been previously seen by a GP and not thought serious at that point).
After just a dew days on amoxicillin she was completely back to normal. The GP said that although it's not a good thing for this to happen repeatedly, a hole in your eardrum is nature's way of letting infection out of your body and it won't cause any lasting problems.
Hope she is feeling better soon.

handlemecarefully Wed 11-Feb-04 09:01:39

Just echoing what Marina says.....also, I've read that it takes only about a week for it to seal up again.

Very sorry for your dd - ear infections are excrutiating. I was at my wits end when dd had one last month.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: