Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

should i go to the doctors - cold?

(5 Posts)
Beccles Sat 20-May-06 11:21:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SoupDragon Sat 20-May-06 11:23:31

I'd delay his jabs until he's well. Does your GP do the jabs at the same time as the baby's 8 week check?

pepperpots Sat 20-May-06 11:24:03

When my ds2 had this was about seven weeks my gp gave some saline (i think, don't quote me) solution to put up his nose to thin the mucous out. He wasn't feeding because he couldnt breath. It did the trick

LaylaandSethsmum Sat 20-May-06 11:50:42

you can buy some saline drops over the counter at any chemist. Its probably worth giving them a go before going to GP. He's unlikely to treat him with antibiotics unless its obvious he has a secondary infection eg; chest infection; ear infection.

Rhubarb Sat 20-May-06 12:14:24

antibiotics will not clear up a cold. You just have to let it run it's course. Postpone the injections until he is better. The GP can do nothing. Green snot means he's getting over it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: