Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Breastfeeding 8mo very lumpy breasts I'm really scared

(9 Posts)
Lonelybunny Fri 19-Apr-13 11:17:25

I am still feeding 8mo. I found a sort of long lump on the inside of my left breast but I can also feel similar lumps on the underneath of my breast too. They don't really hurt but are a little tender and I've made the skin red now where I keep fiddling with it. I went to GP this morning and she did a breast exam. She said she is sure it's just glandular breast tissue? She said she couldbt actually feel a lump but I showed her where it was whilst grabbing onto it. She said to leave it and come back in a month. Now I'm terrified ! Why come back ? What if when I go back it's bigger ? I don't think it's a bloct duct or mastitis either ?

neriberi Fri 19-Apr-13 16:34:04

You might have the start of mastitis or blocked ducts causing your milk to back up a tad. You could try putting a hot flannel on both boobs then massaging to see if that helps, also look at your nipples, if you see tiny white specs on them this can be a sign that your ducts are blocked, you need to massage your nipples until the dots popped out then massage your boobs to get your milk flowing.

I had no end of problems with lumpy boobs and blocked ducts when I was breastfeeding. I wouldn't worry too much, sometimes its just one of those things. Have a read below.

www.babycentre.co.uk/a8494/blocked-ducts-during-breastfeeding

Lonelybunny Fri 19-Apr-13 17:47:56

I can't see any white spots , but I will keep an eye out thankyou x

Lonelybunny Fri 19-Apr-13 20:12:02

I figured it wasn't a blocked duct as I've had it about 3 weeks ?

neriberi Fri 19-Apr-13 21:07:35

If you get really worried you could always ask to see a different doctor for a second opinion, or maybe contact your local nct and see if there is a breastfeeding counsellor available to speak to you.

FattyMcChubster Fri 19-Apr-13 21:11:30

Please please try not to panic. I'm still bf dd at 11mo and I have the lumpiest boobs ever! They were pretty lumpy before but now there's all sorts of lumps and bumps going on! They change daily and I think as long as you keep an eye on things and any signs of mastitis or anything else obviously see your gp.

Lonelybunny Sat 20-Apr-13 09:46:42

Thankyou so much ladies , I had such a bad day yesterday I think I have health anxiety brought on by a bowt of pnd early on sad I will keep an eye on it , thanks so much xx

neriberi Tue 23-Apr-13 14:03:17

Hi Lonely. Just wondering if things have perked up and all is okay after last week?

Lonelybunny Wed 24-Apr-13 21:25:15

Hello , nope it's still there

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: