Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Liver biopsy - Any experiences?

(4 Posts)
MrsWhirling Fri 05-Apr-13 16:50:30

Hi all, mum will be having a CT lead biopsy next week. She is very nervous. Would appreciate any experience of this procedure any one may have x

piprabbit Fri 05-Apr-13 17:52:11

I had a liver biopsy years ago.
I can remember being worried and a bit scared, but the biopsy itself was fine and over very quickly, the staff were very reassuring and capable. The tough bit was having to go on a ward and lie absolutely still for several hours (presumably to reduce the risk of bleeding), I found it physically very hard and got very stiff and achy...but nothing that didn't wear off once I got moving again.
Sorry I can't help much. I hope your DM recovers quickly.

MrsWhirling Fri 05-Apr-13 18:08:15

Hi, that's really helpful thanks! I think mums worried that it will be really painful and that it could go wrong. It's reassuring to know you didn't find it that painful. Thanks again. X

piprabbit Fri 05-Apr-13 18:24:01

From what I remember it was a bit like being punched, or having an epidural put in. All the stuff about being really still, and knowing that it is all happening, so it is scary but not really painful IYSWIM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now