Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tell me about breast cancer please

(5 Posts)
HalloweenyHerrena Mon 29-Oct-12 14:26:46

My DM has just been diagnosed with grade 3 lobular breast cancer and is due for a couple of doses of chemotherapy before Xmas, when they will hopefully try to remove the lump.

I'm a bit shell-shocked TBH. Can anyone give advice/info on this?

Thank you xx

tiredteddy Mon 29-Oct-12 14:33:59

I dont have any direct advice for you as my knowledge us all to do with genetic risk of BC. However I can recommend the Breast Cancer Care website. It is regulated by moderators so No scare-mongering. Also the information on MacMillan website is factual but accessible without too much jargon. I do hope this helps.

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 29-Oct-12 15:47:54

Halloweeny - a big shock for you - I am sorry . Chemotherapy is often used to reduce a lump to make operating less invasive (smaller scar etc) Why not skip over to join us on the tamoxifen thread - we have lots of experience of breast cancer treatments so are sure to be able to help and reassure. The Macmillan and Breast Cancer Care sites are very good, though the forums can be a bit scary and certainly avoid googling.

MaryAnnSingleton Mon 29-Oct-12 15:48:39

tamoxifen thread here

HalloweenyHerrena Mon 29-Oct-12 21:16:13

Thank you, I will check it out....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now