Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is wrong with me? Out of hours today or wait to see GP?

(15 Posts)
straighttohellymelly Sun 21-Oct-12 12:59:16

I have been feeling nauseous on waking (no, am not pregnant!) and yesterday felt generally tired and rubbish, bad back, slept most of the day. This morning I felt even more sick, and I keep having horrible feelings as though I am having rushes of adrenalin, the kind of feeling you get before you vomit, or faint. I haven't fainted, or been sick, but I feel really peculiar. I have a sore lower back on one side- could it be a UTI? (I do have a bad back anyway) No other UTI symptoms, not hurting to wee or anything. I'm on thyroxine but the dose is tiny (25mg) and I have been on it for two months. Should I try and see a doc today? Feel really nauseous again- am going to lie down

mumblechum1 Sun 21-Oct-12 13:00:57

Sounds like a nasty bug/virus. I'd try to take it easy for a couple of days. If you're not better by Wed, then see a doctor.

PartyFops Sun 21-Oct-12 13:03:40

I had a week or so of feeling nauseous and weak and it went away, think it was some kind of bug but made worse due to some anxiety I used to suffer with. It may just be something going around, but get checked out if you are worried.

ethelb Sun 21-Oct-12 13:04:15

It's a bug. Don't go into see the doctor unless you get worse.

straighttohellymelly Sun 21-Oct-12 13:12:41

So you think its a virus? Seems strange I haven't been sick. I don't have a temperature.

lisad123 Sun 21-Oct-12 13:16:04

Gall stones?

Makingchanges Sun 21-Oct-12 13:44:46

I've been feeling similar. Hot flushes, numb hands and feet and nausea for a few days. Like I'm going to be sick or faint but don't. Feeling better today though so also think its a bug.

PartyFops Sun 21-Oct-12 13:50:00

I wasn't sick, just felt sick and tired for about a week. Chewing gum I found worked.

straighttohellymelly Sun 21-Oct-12 14:02:37

Urggh a virus, well that is better than a kidney infection I suppose, which is what I am worried about. Gallstones i know nothing about- do they make you feel sick then?

myhandslooksoold Sun 21-Oct-12 15:57:21

Just come on here to post the same. Like the worst morning sickness, headache and feeling rough. Wish I could be sick to move this virus on.

Rolf Sun 21-Oct-12 17:12:49

I've just come on here to see if this is a bug going round. I feel as though I'm about to vomit, have a horrible headache, exhausted, sore neck. Just like the rest of you, then! Hope we're all better soon.

myhandslooksoold Sun 21-Oct-12 18:52:21

Been sick all afternoon. Got to sit it out now... Get well soon all

poorbuthappy Sun 21-Oct-12 18:54:24

Had this all afternoon.
It's yucky and nasty.
sad

oxfordgirl Sun 21-Oct-12 20:02:23

maybe you are allergic to the drug thyroxine, read the small print on the drug information leaflet for your symptons.

straighttohellymelly Sun 21-Oct-12 22:40:55

I have been sick now, and have diarrhoea. Uggh. I feel really fluey too. Hope we are all better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now