Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain in the right side of my tummy-any advice?

(7 Posts)
timewastingonhere Sun 07-Oct-12 17:31:47

Just wondered if anyone was around to offer any advice - I have a sore to press area and when I move, breath in and out on my stomach area, it's my right handside and its an exact spot where my ribs end - I've had my gallbladder out already but it's in a similar position - it may just be muscular but hoped for some MN wisdom?

MadgeHarvey Sun 07-Oct-12 18:28:44

When did you have your gallbladder out and have you perhaps eaten something particularly high in fat recently?

VerityClinch Sun 07-Oct-12 18:36:12

Might you be ovulating (about two weeks since the start of your last period?)

topsi Sun 07-Oct-12 19:00:43

Could be appendix but maybe a bit high

converseconvert Sun 07-Oct-12 19:04:14

When did you have your gallbladder out?

timewastingonhere Sun 07-Oct-12 19:05:56

It's too high for ovulation and probably appendix ? Gallbladder was a year ago, it's hurts when I press it but also can feel a sore area when resting etc - It only started this afternoon so will see if it passes - I've had quite a few tests over the last year as my liver levels didn't return to normal after the op but all has been ok so don't want to look like a complete hypochondriac so fingers crossed its gone in the morning -

Popumpkin Tue 09-Oct-12 22:54:12

If you have had problems with the levels relating to your liver in your blood previously I would see your GP as your liver is located where you describe. It's probably nothing at all, a muscle strain or the like - but if I were you I would want to check incase you need medication of some sort.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now