Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this worms?

(8 Posts)
BagofHolly Tue 25-Oct-11 21:21:31

DS aged 2.5 has complained of a sore bottom and is off his food a bit. Last night he managed to escape from his nappy and seems to have been itching. I thought he'd had a bit of very localised nappyrash but with hindsight it could have been where he's scratched.
Anyway I was changing him tonight and there were little white dots around his anus, about the size of a sesame seed. Having googled, it said that worm eggs could only be seen under a microscope but these were much bigger. What is it?

Moblem Tue 25-Oct-11 22:03:15

My DD has had worms. I discovered it after she complained of an itchy / sore bottom. Just get a torch and shine it on his bottom about 3 hours after he fallen asleep. For us, the worms were very visible.

BagofHolly Tue 25-Oct-11 22:35:20

Oh my goodness! i don't know how I'd do it without disturbing him - nappy, pjs, gro bag + torch! Wonder should I treat it anyway? It's Pripsen isnt it?

RabbitPie Tue 25-Oct-11 22:56:41

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

screechyhead Tue 25-Oct-11 22:59:13

Just do worming tablets in case....

Iamnevertouchingthemagain Tue 25-Oct-11 23:04:56

If you can get him to poo into a potty then you should have your answer. <<boak>>. Or if he goes in the toilets shine a torch down there <<double boak>>

I speak from nightmare-ish experience. Got tablets, laundered everything in the house, dysoned like there was no tomorrow and their poo was worm free within 5 days. Took a second dose of the tablets 2 weeks later.

Now I will go back to my usual name and never speak of this again.

Iamnevertouchingthemagain Tue 25-Oct-11 23:05:34

....you will see the worms wriggling in the poo.

BagofHolly Tue 25-Oct-11 23:11:00

He's more than happy to poo in his nappy so I'll have a good look! Ugh! He started nursery last week and I guess this is where he got them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now