Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gastroenteritis, possibly Campylobacter. What can I eat?

(9 Posts)
Kayzr Wed 19-Oct-11 16:32:41

Since Saturday I've been really ill with dioherrea and stomach cramps. GP thinks its been caused by Campylobacter. I've done a sample and waiting for the results.

I am starving and really fed up of eating toast. Is there anything else I can eat that isn't going to make me worse?

Thanks

Angel786 Wed 19-Oct-11 17:40:32

Norwalk virus is doing the rounds, had it 2 weeks ago now got a new bout without the vomiting.

I haven't eaten today but usually bananas, coca cola (hood for sugar) and dry bread / toast. Avoid spices and saucy food and get some rehydration salts.

Also no wine sad

colditz Wed 19-Oct-11 20:01:35

rice with soy sauce

howlingheadlessmunsters Wed 19-Oct-11 20:08:43

Coca cola is good but stir it so it's going flat or suffer the consequences.
An egg boiled so it's rock solid. Personally a McVities ginger nut nibbled slowly doesn't seem to set me off. I wouldn't go for a banana but each to their own.

ZombiouslyGhoulblivious Wed 19-Oct-11 20:12:54

You poor thing. When I'm puking I find ready salted walkers ideal.

Kayzr Wed 19-Oct-11 20:21:42

I will try some rice, and an egg tomorrow.

I really fancy some coca cola but thought it would make things worse so will have some flat coke.

canyou Wed 19-Oct-11 20:39:08

I have rice cooked in an oxo cube when my stomach plays up, cola is good [it is used to offset the nausea caused by drug detox] stem ginger biscuits have a flavour and are good for you grin plain home made broth would be good as well. Hope you feel better soon

winemakesmeclever Wed 19-Oct-11 20:42:10

Live yogurt to put some good bugs back into your poor system. Bananas for potassium, apples for vitamins and fibre, and plain biscuits for carbs. Had campylobacter myself so I know how you feel! Get well soon!

Kayzr Thu 20-Oct-11 06:51:30

Will the yoghurt help? I thought dairy stuff made it worse. But I'll get some today.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now