Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

10 week old baby with a cold & sickness

(4 Posts)
TruffleTasha Wed 05-Oct-11 07:50:32

Hi, my baby girl is 10wks and has had a cold since Saturday. With this cold she is being sick about twice a day sad We are giving her Nasasol drops to clear her nose, but is there anything else I can do to help the cold/ sickness go? and roughly how long do colds last in babies?
Thanks smile

Lardiferousthemagnificant Wed 05-Oct-11 19:23:42

Hi TruffleTasha,

Poor baby! I think you can now use small doses of calpol, (after 2 months) and I also used carvol, which are little capsules you can sprinkle around the moses basket to help babies breathe - these do smell quite strong so don't put them anywhere too near her face/skin. It shouldn't last too long - but if you are worried maybe try ringing your hv or dr?

Hope she gets better soon, xx

Lardiferousthemagnificant Wed 05-Oct-11 19:31:46

ps if she is being sick, keep offering her milk so she doesn't get dehydrated x

TruffleTasha Fri 07-Oct-11 10:58:05

Thanks for the replies smile she is starting to get better. She hasn't been sick today so far!! grin x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: