Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD 11 weeks old still no period after finishing packet of contraceptive pills 7 days ago! Is this normal?

(4 Posts)
pearl297 Thu 15-Sep-11 08:23:07

Hi,

My DD is 11 weeks old and i had my first period 6 weeks post partum. I began a new packet of contraceptive pill (dianette) 4 weeks ago and had sex 6 days after beginning the packet (stupid i know but we didn't think 1 day would make a difference blush ). I finished my packet last thurs and still haven't come on so I?m panicking slightly this morning.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Does it take a while for your periods to settle or should they be regular again once you start the pill

Flisspaps Thu 15-Sep-11 08:28:04

It can take months for your periods to settle back down to 'normal' after birth, although the bleeding you get when you take the Pill isn't a true period, it's withdrawal bleeding.

The 7 day advice is there for a reason and it is entirely possible that you're pregnant, I'd POAS if only to put your mind at rest.

pearl297 Thu 15-Sep-11 08:41:56

Thanks Flisspaps, i'm going to go and get a test today, think i just needed someone to spell it out for me can't believe i was so stupid.

sqweegiebeckenheim Sat 17-Sep-11 01:01:46

how did it go Pearl?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now