Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Weird racing heart and swooping feeling??

(9 Posts)
januaryjojo Tue 23-Aug-11 21:36:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SlightlyJaded Tue 23-Aug-11 22:08:44

It could be a panic attack. I developed these years ago and they lasted for a couple of years on and off. I would have got rid of them much sooner had a i realised what they were but they were so physically and mentally consuming that I assumed there had to be something very seriously wrong with me, so wasted loads of time having physical assessments to no avail.

Of course it may not be - the heart racing is a very common symptom and obviously applies to lots of other things as well, and the swooping sensation you describe was also something that happened to me. I also felt clammy, slightly sick and had that strangely detached feeling you get. I wasn't 'consciously' anxious or anything - it just happened. For me, the answer was to acknowledge what it was, concentrate on how I was feeling and my breathing and remind myself that it would pass. However, by this point I had seen the GP a few times so was fairly confident that there was nothing physically wrong.

It really does sound like a panic attack, but i don't want to be the one that tells you to ignore it so for that reason alone, I would see your GP.

moggiek Tue 23-Aug-11 22:18:17

Could be anaemia. See your GP about your red cell count.

Footle Wed 24-Aug-11 08:53:02

shitmagnet Wed 24-Aug-11 12:15:51

januaryjojo Wed 24-Aug-11 16:09:45

januaryjojo Wed 24-Aug-11 19:24:24

mollymole Wed 24-Aug-11 19:53:53

why not see your GP and ask for a blood test - could be thyroid, if it is over active you can get palpitations, heart racing and become a bit 'spaced out' -
does it get worse if you rush about or do something energetic

januaryjojo Wed 24-Aug-11 20:16:37

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now