Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

niece just received transplant

(5 Posts)
coansha Sun 17-Jul-11 04:19:32

I am so relieved, excited and humbled .
My darling niece aged 6 has been given the gift of life by parents who in their saddest hour have put aside their grief to agree to organ donation.
I have cried for days now but first 48hrs are over and she is awake and doing amazingly, initially she was given weeks to live when born and through my sister & her families hard work & determination she got this far.
She now is breathing for the first time on her own after living on oxygen masks and c-pap machines.
As much as I am sooo very thankful and still in shock I would ask each and everyone of you to sign up for organ donation if you have not.
It is a gift of life to not one but dozens of people.
I just needed to get this out as Dh away and sister miles away with her, so please do this one thing, it takes 5 minute and is literally life changing.

SparkleRainbow Sun 17-Jul-11 10:14:22

I am so pleased for you and your family. I hope she continues to do so well. My dear dear dc are all registered on the organ donor list and have been since birth, and I am sure many more are too. It is a heart breaking but life giving thing to do. Good Luck

RichTeaAreCrap Sun 17-Jul-11 10:49:13

Oh that's lovely to hear, I am so pleased. I hope she continues to recover well. I am all signed up.

coansha Mon 18-Jul-11 13:11:43

thanks both its such a huge thing, she has been given the chance to experience real life, we are so lucky & so thankful.
Thanks for being registered and your kind words.

SparkleRainbow Mon 18-Jul-11 13:20:58

[hsmile]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now