Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

im in agony right now - period problems

(3 Posts)
hardshipuntold Wed 13-Jul-11 05:58:41

this only started when i stoped taking the pill a few years ago
i have terrible pain while on my period ,worse than contractions,they some how seem conected to my bladder and bowel ,i scream with pain when i need to poo or pass wind and its painful when my bladder is full
what on earth can be going on???

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 13-Jul-11 07:25:17

Endometriosis may be the cause of all your symptoms here. It can indeed affect the bowel, bladder and rectal areas. "Mild" disease can also cause great pain. is a useful website.

I would stress that you in any event need to seek proper medical advice by making an initial appt with your GP. Do not be fobbed off however, you really ought to be seeing a consultant gynaecologist asap. I would insist to the GP that given your symptoms you are referred immediately.

If this is endometriosis, you will need specialist help (this is outside a GPs general remit). It is usually diagnosed through a keyhole surgery operation called a laparoscopy.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

hardshipuntold Wed 13-Jul-11 10:39:50

thankyou - i was knid of thinking this was what it might be.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: