Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Sore big toe - does this have a name because I like to know what things are called.

(2 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 30-Jun-11 09:45:44

I suspect its some sort of tendonitis as my inflammatory arthritis leaves me very prone to tendinopathies. I wore some summer sandals a couple of days ago, low heel, nothing strange or particularly unsupportive about them. That evening my big toe felt like it had cramp in it. Yesterday and today it is pretty sore to walk on, and also when I flex it up. Pain seems to be centered along the top of the toe where it goes into the foot. Still feels cramped and achy at rest.

I know the treatment;rest, ice and anti-inflammatories. I'd just like to know what it specifically is!

Thanks smile

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 30-Jun-11 09:57:15

oh. Think I've found what it is. If it doesnt resolve in a few days of my usual treatment its off to the gp with me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: