Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mini-pill and weight gain experiences?

(3 Posts)
Lorenz Mon 27-Jun-11 22:05:08

Been on cerazette for just under 2 months and was pleased that I didn't seem to be putting weight on. However this morning I realised I am now 6lbs more than I was when I started it - that's nearly half a stone in about 6 weeks!! It just seems to have come on all of a sudden though and tbf, I have been eating a lot of crap recently but I'm one of these people that normally - as soon as I stop eating the crap I lose the weight, this time it's not shifting!!

Do I put it down to the pill or should I give my diet more chance to take effect??

OpusProSerenus Mon 27-Jun-11 22:07:33

It's many years ago I took it. I started on Marvelon as a size 12 and by the end of my 3-month trial was a size 16! I came off it and was back to a size 12 very quickly so never took it again

MrsJohnDeere Mon 27-Jun-11 22:10:03

I didn't put on weight but failed to lose it despite eating less and doing lots more exercise. Lost weight as soon as I stopped taking it.

It also made me feel very grumpy and tetchy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now