Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ow ow ow, spots on my tongue!

(7 Posts)
Bumperlicioso Fri 24-Jun-11 21:29:09

I've got three spots (or whatever they are) pop up on my tongue today. They are really sore! What can I do? Tried some teething gel which hasn't helped much.

Bumperlicioso Fri 24-Jun-11 21:43:40

Bump

Bumperlicioso Sun 26-Jun-11 18:13:23

Bump again as it's getting worse!

OfflineFor30Years Sun 26-Jun-11 18:24:56

Have you got any Corsodyl Mouth wash? I think that's quite good at infections, mouth ulcers. Boots sell it.

ellmum Sun 26-Jun-11 22:09:10

anbesol is quite good, the liquid stuff. My DD had apthous ulcers (canker sores) on the underneath of her tongue once. Anbesol seemed to bring some relief. She's only one so she didn't actually tell me that, but she did stop screaming for a bit!

Bumperlicioso Mon 27-Jun-11 07:51:18

I've been using oraldene. Having suffered mouth ulcers for years I don't rate anbesol for them (not for me anyway). Is it worth seeing the gp? Is there anything they can do or could it be a symptom of something else?

SkipToTheEnd Mon 27-Jun-11 07:55:54

do you have any spots else where? Hands or feet maybe?

It could be hand foot and mouth.

But there is a virus like this going around. My brother jut had the spots on his tongue and a general crappy feeling for a few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now