Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do I need to see a doctor?

(2 Posts)
youarelove Wed 22-Jun-11 20:51:54

Have had a sore throat for a few days now. Monday night I couldn't sleep (and I haven't slept in 11 months because of a new DD so that's odd!) because of a fever (shivery but too hot), temp of 38.1. Yesterday had a corking headache, no appetite and still a bit of a fever. No real fever today but still a sore throat (hurts to eat and drink) and a headache.

Have been googling and it looks like it could be strep a, although it could just be a virus (as I said above, I haven't slept in months, have recently started a new job and had a health scare so it's been a bit of a stressful time and I therefore assume my resistances are done...).

My question is whether I need to see a doctor - I don't want to waste her time and be told it's just a virus and there's nothing she can do, but I also want to try to stop my DD and DH catching anything nasty (although they seem ok so far...). Any advice?

Thanks

PaperView Wed 22-Jun-11 20:57:24

Stop searching for a diagnosis by internet for a start.

If it's interfering with normal life then go to the GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now