Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this linked to my gallstone stuff do you think?

(8 Posts)
BluddyMoFo Tue 14-Jun-11 20:18:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TooManyBlossoms Tue 14-Jun-11 20:24:46

Not got any advice, but would some sympathy do? I've got a knackered gallbladder too, and have spent many a night rolling round in agony with billiary colic. I also get frequent, and horrible, indigestion.

I would go and see your gp though, he should be able to prescribe you something to ease the symptoms. You can't carry on not eating, it's like trying to drive a car with no petrol, as my mum says. <<stern look>>.

girliefriend Tue 14-Jun-11 20:29:56

I had gallstones and you have my sympathy, by the end I was like you and could eat nothing!!! I think you need to keep going to your gp every week if need be and push for surgery to get the damn thing out, in the end I walked into the drs (when my dd was 2wks old) and said I could not cope anymore and I was admitted to hospital from there and had the gall bladder removed as an emergency a couple of days later.

Hope you feel better soon smile

girliefriend Tue 14-Jun-11 20:32:13

Also def get the painkillers sorted out I was taking co-dydromol every 4 hrs and had some pethidine for when it was really bad.

duende Tue 14-Jun-11 22:15:51

Bluddy, you poor, poor thing!
I also had/ still have indigestion and v.bad stomach pain. I don't think it was related to my gallstones. I had an endoscopy which showed gastritis, reflux and oesophagus (sp?) inflammation. I apparently have hiatus hernia which causes reflux. and they don't know what caused the gastritis - maybe stress, maybe lifestyle and maybe ibuprofen! If you take a lot of ibuprofen for your gallstones, please don't, it can really mess your stomach up sad

I was prescribed omeprazole for reflux and acid.

I know it's hard when you have to keep taking time off work to go and see the doc, but I really think you should go and see your GP. You can't just stop eating!

perfumedlife Tue 14-Jun-11 22:25:48

Oh you poor soul, that sounds horrendous!

I have dreadful reflux and heartburn due to meds and the omeprazole is a godsend. Have you asked if you can take that, while you wait for your op?

Lots of hugs and sympathy from me. It's misery when you can't even comfort yourself with a nice treat to eat.

BluddyMoFo Wed 15-Jun-11 17:59:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

perfumedlife Wed 15-Jun-11 20:14:06

Wheyhay, result! Hope it goes well x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now