Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cutting Back on Caffeine, Help!

(3 Posts)
Emjxxx Sun 16-Jan-11 11:46:52

Have been advised by Doctor to cut back on Caffeine, I'm a coffee drinker, normally about 5-6 cups a day. I tried yesterday to not have any coffee and I ended up with a splitting headache, so gave in. Is the caffeine in tea the same quantity as it is in coffee? Is tea any better at all? Would I be better switching to Half Caf first and cutting back that way?

Any advise, ideas much appreciated. Thanks

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 16-Jan-11 11:49:07

I would stock up on the nurofen and go cold turkey.
I had a caffeine addiction, and the withdrawal headaches are sooooo bad even after cutting down from 10 cups per day. It'll only be bad for a week, tops, and then you'll be right as rain.

lucybrad Sun 16-Jan-11 14:45:51

ohh I did this and it was horrible. I had really bad headaches and felt very anxious and ill for a few days. Tea has less caffeine but I used to drink loads of the stuff. Cut it out while pregnant, buy alternating caffeine free with real tea, an d then gradually dropping the caffeinated one by one. The tricky one is the overnight one as this would make my head hurt! I would then use half a caffenated t bag... you could use half a spoon caffeinated coffe and half decaff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now