Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Help! Child just drank touchable bubble mixture

(5 Posts)
ToffeeChristmascake Thu 13-Jan-11 17:49:21

Not sure where to post this, but can't find anything by Googling it. Anyone know if this is dangerous? He probably didn't have much because it was so disgusting. He's coughing a lot now and is drinking water. I can't find a brand name, but it's not normal bubble mixture.

He's five FFS! He said it was an accident and the liquid 'fell' into his mouth hmm.

ToffeeChristmascake Thu 13-Jan-11 18:29:46

Well, have finally found it on the internet and it is non-toxic but has a 'bittering' agent to make it taste awful.

He seems fine now and wants his dinner.

Phew.

MrsKitty Fri 14-Jan-11 00:48:16

Glad he seems OK. We got those 'touchable' bubbles in a party bag recently. They look fab until you realise they're a weird plasticky substance that leaves bits everywhere and sticks in your hair/carpet etc.

ChippingIn Fri 14-Jan-11 00:55:53

I hope you read him the riot act about things 'falling into his mouth'... they can be so bloody stupid can't they!?!

I'm glad it's non toxic, it sounds ghastly!

ToffeeChristmascake Fri 14-Jan-11 13:33:53

MrsKitty - yes, he had bits stuck all over his hair afterwards.

ChippingIn - he said his body "went out of his control" hmm. I was so scared that I was really quite angry with him, so I don't think he'll be doing that again.

He is fine today, apart from the bubbles floating out of his ears and nostrils wink.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: