Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Can't kick my cold & other minor ailments

(7 Posts)
nymphadora Sat 04-Dec-10 08:59:59

Dd3 is 8 weeks old. By the time she was born I was pretty run down & unfit due to various problems. I was also quite anaemic ( despite being on iron for months)

I lost almost a litre of blood during my section so obviously that left me mire aneamic and I was v doped for first couple of weeks until the iron licked in.

Since she was born I have had colds almost constantly, I have glue ear(6 weeks now, minimal hearing in one ear) am covered in scabs from hives that I scratched in my sleep, have v dry skin & some patches where I have had allergic reactions. All minor stuff that my body isn't fighting.

How can I boost my immune system? I'm eating pretty well & on vitamins/iron, I'm also feeling dehydrated regularly despite drinking loads water

LoveMyGirls Sat 04-Dec-10 09:03:41

Awww how awful for you, have you tried taking echinacia? Can you get more sleep (hard with a baby I know) Sorry I don't have any more advice, hope you are well again soon.

nymphadora Sat 04-Dec-10 09:18:06

Started taking that.

Not sleeping too bad dd3 pretty good in the night and not doing much during the day as dh not working so he does the running round/ hard work & o do what I want/need to!

LoveMyGirls Sat 04-Dec-10 09:47:27

have you beent o see your GP? Maybe you need a B12 injection or something? Never had it myself but know a few people who need it, might be worth looking into?

nymphadora Sat 04-Dec-10 10:09:55

Never heard of that. Have been re the glue ear but they just said waiting is all I can do

LoveMyGirls Sat 04-Dec-10 10:27:54

this might be worth a look?

not saying you have got one just maybe worth checking

nymphadora Sat 04-Dec-10 10:34:27

Def not got weight loss wink
Dont think I have enough symptoms from that. Not heard of it before so worth a shot Ta!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: