Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Post surgery.Anterior repair, posterior repair and TVT fitted

(7 Posts)
Debz68 Mon 29-Nov-10 10:33:50

Hi, I had the above 3 procedures done two weeks ago today and I would like to hear from other ladies who have had the same surgery please. I am still bleeding, feel discomfort and bulging down below and now find it difficult to pass urine. I am just wondering if this is usual and to be expected.If it is part of the healing process, swelling etc then fine I will cope, but I do not understand how I can bleed fresh blood and that is considered to be "healing". It is the same amount as a period and I change my pad each time I go to the toilet and in between if it feels too wet.Does anybody have any advice or similar experiences please?
(confused)

SamJones Mon 29-Nov-10 10:43:45

Are you due to go back for a checkup? I think I would be wanting to see someone about this. I haven't had those procedures but doesn't sound right to be still bleeding that much without being warned of it beforehand.

gingeroots Mon 29-Nov-10 13:10:19

I've had a TVT and anterior repair - your siyuation doesn't sound right at all ( sorry ) .
Have you got a helpful GP who could ring hospital on your behalf and get you checked out ?
Otherwise I think you must get hold of consultant ( or office of ) you were under and get an urgent appointment .
Or better yet - go to A& E .
Good luck and commiserations .

Debz68 Mon 29-Nov-10 18:03:43

Thank you Samjones and gingeroots, I had an appointment this afternoon with the surgeon. I telephoned his secretary and she got me straight in. It turns out that I have an infection and have been prescribed antibiotics...........mind you he said that a possible side effect of the pills could be thrush!!!arghhhh!!!!

I just didn't know if my symptoms were usual and I was being fussy.

Thanks again

gingeroots Mon 29-Nov-10 18:52:23

No not fussy at all ,I so know where you're coming from here .
Musn't make a fuss ,lots of others with more serious problems .
Now , what can be done to counteract the thrush inducing aspects of antibiotics ?
Live yoghurt ?
Pro biotic pills ?
Someone should know and give us their advice ?

Simbacatlives Mon 29-Nov-10 22:25:26

Look at the rectocele thread- loads on there

MissBusyBody Wed 01-Dec-10 18:56:26

What about the discharge after this surgery. I am not bleeding fresh blood buy am experiencing a lot of discharge. Is that normal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now