Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Would you go back to GP today or wait til after the weekend?

(7 Posts)
Memoo Fri 19-Nov-10 11:46:30

Last Saturday night I had to go to the out of hours GP because of pain and discharge from my right ear. He said I had an ear infection and gave me some antibiotics.

My ear is a lot better thought still feels a bit blocked. Now my left eat has started hurting, and its really very painful! The whole of the left side of my face feels sore and numb.

I do still have 2 days left of antibiotics to take so do I just keep taking them in the hope they'll sort out my left ear too or should I go back to docs?

I think that if the antibiotics were working my left ear wouldn't have got so bad.

Would really welcome any advice

CarGirl Fri 19-Nov-10 11:47:43

I would go back now.......

poorbuthappy Fri 19-Nov-10 11:48:22

yep go bac k today

Lovemybrood Fri 19-Nov-10 11:49:34

I would try and get another appointment today if you can.

I too have suffered alot with my ears so can totally empathise. I know you have probably tried this, but, you can use a hot wheatbag/tea towel or hot water bottle placed against your ear to help alleviate the pain.

There is nothing worse than being ill over the weekend.

Memoo Fri 19-Nov-10 11:50:23

Thanks smile will phone up now. I do have a hot water bottle on the go.

CarGirl Fri 19-Nov-10 12:09:04

Take some strong painkillers too.

Memoo Fri 19-Nov-10 12:47:26

Managed to get an appointment this evening! very understand receptionis shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now