Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Want to stop smoking. Anyone else?

(7 Posts)
Birdistheword Tue 12-Oct-10 10:16:56

I want to quit smoking because:

- I really cannot afford to smoke anymore, i have a wedding to save up for too

- I have a 2 year old who shouldn't have a Mum that stinks of fags

- My DP quit a couple of months ago in order to save money and i think i should do the same

Does anyone want to quit with me? <pleads>

massivemammaries Tue 12-Oct-10 21:49:57

I have been quit for 2 weeks now until this afternoon when I bought 10 and smoked them all ......... I need to get up and carry on

dontdisstheteens Wed 13-Oct-10 09:56:36

I am in my second week of champix and have cut down. Not quite ready to stop yet though.

Doodlez Wed 13-Oct-10 09:57:45

<marks place on thread>

<Goes for a fag to think about it>

TeenageWildlife Sat 13-Nov-10 18:45:07

www.whyquit.com

it worked after trying absolutely everything else from hypnotherapy to champix to patches etc etc it is free and it works Good luck

CountessVonKnackerstein Sat 13-Nov-10 22:25:00

The Alan Carr book worked for me (not the chatty man one, haha!)

TheSleepFairy Sat 13-Nov-10 22:27:41

I quit 3 months ago with Champix although I didn't finish the course (12 weeks) & I am now having the odd sneaky fag here & there so will probably go back to the docs & do the course again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: