Talk

Advanced search

Best MP3/MP4 player that's NOT an ipod

(6 Posts)
ministryofsleep Tue 13-Oct-09 21:08:41

want something that doesn't have to rely on itunes, can anyone recommend something to me - ideally around the £50 mark TIA

bigpantywoman Tue 13-Oct-09 21:10:26

I got my DD and me a Sansa clip one each - small and dead easy to use, you can still do playlists etc, sound quality pretty good and was actually only around 30 quid as I recall. It uses real player.

said Wed 14-Oct-09 23:31:32

I've got a 3 year old version of one of www.creative.com/products/mp3/these. I like it, pretty robust

said Wed 14-Oct-09 23:37:07

This is the same as mine Cheap and good and they successfully sued Apple (apparently)

marenmj Thu 15-Oct-09 18:22:28

I second the sansa rec.

I have one from a couple years ago - which was a replacement for one from 5 years ago.

Mine has 1GB internal memory and takes microSD cards. This means I have two or three microSD cards with different music collections on them and swap as the mood strikes.

It's direct usb to charge (no fiddly wall plugs to lose) and I can drag-and-drop files on using Windows Explorer (no extra software to install/use and appears as a jump drive, so no fancy drivers either). It will sync with a media player like Real or Windows Media, but it is not required.

Mine cost about £20.

I'm considering picking up the video version this Christmas grin

The expandable memory thing is the kicker for me, well, that and the price. Can't seem to justify paying buckets for non-expandable anymore grin

marenmj Thu 15-Oct-09 18:28:43

should add, I replaced the 5-year-old one not because it had broken (still works, stuffed in a drawer somewhere), but because they switched from regular SD cards to microSD cards and I like microSD better (plus I have stacks of them for work).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now