Talk

Advanced search

Which phone and broadband provider?

(9 Posts)
Sherbert37 Wed 22-Jul-09 16:41:19

I am looking to change as I have a 5GB limit at the moment which is nowhere near enough. I'm paying £50 a month for both! Any thoughts / horror stories?

TIA

Plusnet Value gives you a 10GB limit and cost you less., but certain things will be deprioritised, e,g, VPN. It can be as little as £22 per month for both.

Plusnet have a better reputation than most.

Correction, it can be as low as £17 per month.

If you are in a market 3 exchange the PlusNet Value and Evenings and Weekends package is £16.94 and the PlusNet Value and Talk Anytime combination is £21.94 per month. If you are not on a market 3 exchange, I think it's £6 more after the first 3 months. It is an 18 month contract.

Sherbert37 Wed 22-Jul-09 21:59:56

Thank you. We are not on a good exchange, apparently, so will cost more.

Pannacotta Wed 22-Jul-09 22:04:54

We have Plusnet and have to say that while it is cheaper than some, the customer service is pretty poor, I've had to call them on a few occasions and they have never been able to help (neither were they keen to help) and so I've ended up spending loads on computer repair type people.

wohmum Wed 22-Jul-09 22:08:47

O2 are getting really good reviews for broadband
service and quality of line seem great. I'm just in the process of changing my broadband from by. Cost is about £10 per month but that is discounted as I'm an o2 mobile contract. I think it's about 12 or 15 normally .
Hope this helps

DesperateHousewifeToo Wed 22-Jul-09 22:14:22

We have had o2 broadband for 18months now. Freephone helpdesk (which I only had to call when had teething problems initially).

Very pleased with them.

Have a better monthly rate from being an o2 mobile customer but would still have been pretty good without, I think.

O2 have a particularly good reputation and could well be a good choice.

Try the thinkbroadband search as well. I had a quick look and I think Be Unlimited is another package that might suit you.

MrLSG Thu 23-Jul-09 10:37:40

Be and O2 are the same people - but sell slightly different packages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now