Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

checking ink levels when the printer services button doesn't work

(13 Posts)
southeastastra Tue 14-Oct-08 21:16:04

i have a hp printer which is totally weird with vista, can print but have to go the long way round to scan etc.

since having the new pc (ironically a HP too) the ink levels don't automatically come up as they used to.

is there any other way i can tell if they're running low apart from just waiting until it's too late?

hope this makes sense!

brokenrecord Tue 14-Oct-08 21:19:10

Can you download the printer driver fron the HP website and install it? I think there should be some interface where the ink levels are shown, but I have an epson so I don't know.

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Tue 14-Oct-08 21:22:13

Start
All Programmes
HP solution centre
Help and Support
Tools & Utilities
Status
Display ink levels.

If yours is the same as mine!

southeastastra Tue 14-Oct-08 21:22:15

have tried that, pc just doesn't recognise the hp solutions centre, it's so annoying

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Tue 14-Oct-08 21:23:20

Mine's Vista too.

When you say it doesn't recognise it, does it give an error or anything?

Maybe you need to reinstall it?

southeastastra Tue 14-Oct-08 21:39:27

it just says no hp devices deteced then closes itself.

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Tue 14-Oct-08 21:40:34

Does the printer print? Is the USB cable for the printer connected properly and have you tried another cable just to check.

southeastastra Tue 14-Oct-08 21:45:09

yes it prints but we have to go through paint to get it scan, all cables connected and ok

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Wed 15-Oct-08 07:52:56

Have you downloaded new drivers for it from the HP website?

BecauseImAWitch Wed 15-Oct-08 07:55:14

But I always ignore the print levels as well because they always seem to think that because they've used a teaspoon of ink that it's time to replace them! And they're so expensive I refuse to listen to self-interested HP. I just wait till it's obviously running out.

<tight and stingy emoticon>

BecauseImAWitch Wed 15-Oct-08 07:55:16

But I always ignore the print levels as well because they always seem to think that because they've used a teaspoon of ink that it's time to replace them! And they're so expensive I refuse to listen to self-interested HP. I just wait till it's obviously running out.

<tight and stingy emoticon>

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Wed 15-Oct-08 07:59:31

I use mine as a warning to buy more ink. I don't replace them til the printer starts printing in black and white

southeastastra Wed 15-Oct-08 11:45:15

i have downloaded all the drivers i can but will try another cable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now