Talk

Advanced search

Help! Anyone good at laptop troubleshooting?

(10 Posts)
supertrouper Tue 07-Aug-07 18:28:35

My laptop mains adaptor is not working and the laptop is on battery. Can't get it to work. Does that mean I need a new mains adaptor or could it be a fuse in the plug or something?

weebleswobble Tue 07-Aug-07 18:30:26

Ds1 had broken 2 adaptors since he got his laptop in December by bending the metal end that goes into the laptop. If it looks slightly bent it's probably that.

scienceteacher Tue 07-Aug-07 18:32:35

New mains adaptor needed. They are really rubbish - I think if they get very hot, they eventually pack in.

I get my replacements on Ebay. Waiting for one now

supertrouper Tue 07-Aug-07 18:33:28

doesn't look bent. Was working last night and nothing has happened to it since then. Hate it when computers go wrong. Thanks for replying, weebles.

NurseyJo Tue 07-Aug-07 18:35:30

Message withdrawn

littlelapin Tue 07-Aug-07 18:35:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Boredveryverybored Tue 07-Aug-07 18:36:51

I've just had to replace my adaptor too, was only 6 months old. They do seem to pack up pretty easily, especially if you tend to use the laptop on mains power most of the time, which I do.
If you can't see anything wrong with the adaptor you could try changing the fuse just incase before you buy a new one.

supertrouper Tue 07-Aug-07 18:38:10

thanks for replies, looks like i will have to get new adaptor, is fujitsu not hp, nurseyjo but thanks anyway. only had it a few months. not impressed!

Boredveryverybored Tue 07-Aug-07 18:40:39

If you've only had it a few months you should be covered on warranty. where did you buy it from? Mine is only 6 months and I got a new cable from pcworld.

supertrouper Tue 07-Aug-07 18:46:20

got it from a local pc supplier. will give him a call.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: