We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I can't find Power point!

(8 Posts)
cakedup Thu 21-May-15 18:07:58

I'm sure I've used it on this laptop before. I've looked under Microsoft Office where there is a load of unnecessary programs, and I've tried writing 'power point' in the search box when I press start. Could it be hiding somewhere??

I have a presentation to prepare (uni exam!) and I don't have a hundred odd quid to buy the Power point program - help!

cakedup Thu 21-May-15 18:09:54

Or is there a free equivalent program that I can use to make presentation slides? I need to save it to a memory stick if that's relevant.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Thu 21-May-15 18:17:48

You can download OpenOffice for free. OpenOffice Impress is similar to powerpoint but a bit more basic. Google Docs has a programme too. If you use one of these, make sure you save as a .ppt file.

Good luck!

cakedup Thu 21-May-15 18:53:03

Thank you Plenty just downloading it now! flowers

cdtaylornats Sun 24-May-15 08:54:21

You should be entitled to a Microsoft student licence for your Office software

www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/pdp/Office-365-University/productID.260260600?icid=OfficeR_ModG_Office_Student_03302015

Its £60 for a 4 year subscription to all of Office 365

4-year subscription
For 2 PCs, Macs, or tablets including iPad, Android, or Windows, plus 2 phones
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype, and more
1TB OneDrive cloud storage
Ongoing access to update

cakedup Sun 24-May-15 21:12:25

Thanks cdtaylornats I will look into that. I think it's only powerpoint that I would need though (I have Word and Skype, don't need the others) and OpenOffice does the job. However sometimes I can't view attachments due to something called Winzip, so will have a look to see if that's included.

cdtaylornats Mon 25-May-15 08:02:34

Winzip is made by someone else, it is a file compression program and is used to shrink large files to save space when emailing - you can get a free version called 7-Zip

www.7-zip.org/

cakedup Tue 26-May-15 14:21:27

Fantastic, thank you cdtaylornats flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now