Talk

Advanced search

recommendations for mp3 speakers/docking station please!

(5 Posts)
QueenBoudicea Fri 05-Apr-13 15:48:15

am planning on buying de a mp3 player for his birthday and gp's want to buy him a stereo/docking station thingy. they're not that IT savvy so I've said I'll do some research. the mp3 player is a Bluetooth one so I assume they could get any of the iPod docking ones AMD a Bluetooth adaptor?
Any recommendations? budget is likely to be under £50.

thank you!

QueenBoudicea Fri 05-Apr-13 15:50:17

sorry for typos - am on my phone!
what I meant to add was that we still use CDs hence the lack of knowledge grin

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Fri 05-Apr-13 19:33:28

Do you have a specific player in mind, it might have docks specifically for it. Failing that, a bluetooth adapter for iPod dock would work, but I think they're normally £15 to £20 so would eat into your budget.

QueenBoudicea Fri 05-Apr-13 20:26:41

we were looking at a Sony one but can't seem to find anything that docks directly.
I assume most come with a line in?

PedroPonyLikesCrisps Fri 05-Apr-13 21:07:32

Sony do their own docks, there are some on their website but not cheap....

I'd definitely check line in specifically as they don't all have it. Also, (and this a personal pet peeve so might not bother you) a lot of iPod docks have the iPod connector exposed, which, if you are not actually using it is a bit unsightly! So might be worth trying to find one which has a discreet connector or one which you can fold away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now