Advanced search

website software

(3 Posts)
ChocolateMoose Wed 11-Aug-10 11:38:51

Quick question - what do you call those programs that enable you to edit a website without using html? I want to say in a job application that I've used them to manage part of a website, but don't know what they're called.

NetworkGuy Wed 11-Aug-10 13:00:37

At least two different types:

CMS (*Content Management System*) where a website firm may have put some pages on, and office can then add/delete/alter additional pages, and

A Site Builder (offered by a web hosting firm, usually) which may have a large number of templates but will have a limited number of functions and usually not be as flexible as a CMS, though cost wise, significantly cheaper of course.

ChocolateMoose Wed 11-Aug-10 15:01:45

Content Management System sounds right, thanks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: