Advanced search

Is it too late

(7 Posts)
Mamamiaherewegoagainmymy Fri 10-Aug-18 16:14:47

To save these conifers

Mamamiaherewegoagainmymy Fri 10-Aug-18 16:16:34

Oops - pic of each one now uploaded

NanTheWiser Fri 10-Aug-18 16:21:16

I think the green one is saveable, but the brown one has definitely had it!

ppeatfruit Fri 10-Aug-18 16:25:31

The one on the left is ok! Don't over water or underwater, I think that the right hand one looks very sad! Is it dried out? If it is you could try putting the whole thing in a bucket of rainwater with coffee and or tea dregs, but not too much. leave it for a morning, Then drain it. it is hard to kill these conifers

Mamamiaherewegoagainmymy Fri 10-Aug-18 16:41:39

They've both been out in the sun but I switched them round when the green one started to go brown. I've watered them both equally ( apart from today as it chucked it down ) but went on holiday and the other one went like that

ppeatfruit Sat 11-Aug-18 13:08:35

So you swiched then round , one more in the sun than the other?

I planted sunflower seeds in 2 pots either side of my front door. I have 3 beautiful 9 ft. tall sunflowers in the pot that is full in the sun most of the day, and none at all in the pot that is in shade for half of the day (not full shade though!!).

yamadori Sun 12-Aug-18 00:02:32

The green one will be ok - leave it in a shadier place for a week or two, keep moist but not waterlogged and it will recover. The other one has completely had it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: