Talk

Advanced search

Do I have Box blight??!

(3 Posts)
Draylon Thu 27-Apr-17 19:25:39

The first image is of one of my box balls, the other, the second one, its twin- same stock; they stand either side of my front door, 1.2m apart.

Box 1, the ailing one, has appeared 'different' for about a year after 5-6 years growing identically. I swap their positions every 2nd year or so. The leaves are deeper green, shiny, more, maybe 'brittle-edged'- not perhaps 100% 'healthy' when compared to Number two, which is blooming (as it were). New growth is consistent vibrant lime-green.

This issue has appeared in the last 2 weeks.

Do I have box blight?

And yes, I know what to do with the plant sad and soil, but what shall I sluice the container with to free it of that fungi/virus so I can start again?

Am sad as I grew both from cuttings 12 years ago!

Maybe it's not blight? <straws, grasped>

doradoo Thu 27-Apr-17 19:29:47

I've lost about 8 box bushes this season to caterpillars - they've destroyed them - do. you have any webby/thready type bits around them? Can you see any caterpillars? This season for us has been particularly bad - we've been told that the offending bushes need burning to get rid.....

Draylon Fri 28-Apr-17 13:53:22

No, no caterpillars.

I've chopped off the obviously affected twigs and binned them, and will watch and wait.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now