Talk

Advanced search

What to do with saplings?

(5 Posts)
DangerQuakeRhinoSnake Sun 03-Jul-16 19:22:38

I've got some lovely healthy oak and ash saplings in my garden. What can I do with them? I can't keep them obviously but I don't want to chuck them either!

Katisha Sun 03-Jul-16 23:21:01

No answer but I'm hoping someone can suggest what I can realistically do with two oak saplings we were given in pots a couple of years ago for a special occasion. They can't go in the garden but as they were given as presents I don't want to just let them die.

brodchengretchen Mon 04-Jul-16 09:10:54

How large are the saplings? Could you try bonsai?

Ok, grin, but in the final analysis if a plant is not right then it's wrong. Sentiment can cause you headaches, far better to rehome them.

DangerQuakeRhinoSnake Mon 04-Jul-16 13:59:17

Katisha I have had some answers to this question on my other thread (accidentally double posted the OP) I can't link it on my phone but check the Gardening board and you'll no doubt find it.

Brodchen I have neither the time nor energy for bonsai but your suggestion did make me grin it's probably something my dad or brother would do though!

Katisha Wed 06-Jul-16 10:43:07

Thanks! Will Look now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now